Santander is not your average bank. The sheer scale and scope of our organisation means that when you join us as a graduate, you can take your career in all sorts of exciting directions. What’s more, unlike many, we’ve weathered the economic turmoil of recent times by making the right decisions at the right times.
There has never been a better time to join us. But don’t just take our word for it. Discover more about us. And if you like the sound of our business, take a closer look at our programmes.
More Info »
Santander in Detail
Our firm focus on retail banking, our prudent approach to lending and our policy of spreading risk across geographical areas have all put us in a strong position. What’s more, we’re extremely well-placed to continue to grow organically, as well as through acquisition if the right opportunities arise.
The facts speak for themselves:
- Every day, over 170,000 global Santander employees come together to make our 90 million customers happy
- We have more international branches than any other bank
- We have 25 million UK customers
- And 1,400 UK branches
- We employ some 24,000 people across the country
- We’re the UK’s second largest bank for residential mortgages and the third largest for savings deposits
- We’re multiple award winners in our sector
In the UK we operate across several markets, so you’ll have the chance to enjoy a long and diverse career with us. Our four main divisions are:
- Retail Banking: offers residential mortgages, savings products, banking services and other personal financial products to customers throughout the UK
- Corporate Banking: offers banking services principally to the Small and Medium-sized enterprises (SME) market
- Global Banking & Markets: provides financial markets sales, trading and risk management services to corporate clients in the UK, as well as originating structured products for retail customers
- Private Banking: offers private banking services for retail and corporate clients, and specialist banking services